How to Win more in the World of Tanks?
The same principles apply to all freemium games. Instructions are based on experiences gathered during three years of intensive online gaming.
How to win more and gain admiration in the World of Tanks?
You need a thick wallet. There are others competing against you spending thousands of dollars every month, so make sure you are prepared and can afford to win.
- Have all of your crews 100% trained and use GOLD (see the explanations for game terms below) to achieve that
- Stock tanks are only good for losing and as cannon fodder. Fully upgrade your tanks before playing with them. You can gain experience easily by buying a premium tank and converting the experience it produces to free experience using GOLD.
- Don't play premium tanks for anything else but for creating free experience. They lose more than fully upgraded non-premium tanks with good crews.
- Play only tanks that can use GOLD ammunition and use only gold ammunition, it has better penetration and gives you better RNG.
- Buy a premium account and you will win significantly bigger portion of your games, in this case about 15%. Premium account offers you better MM and more favourable RNG.
- If any of your tanks get NERFed, quit playing them immediately. Nerf does not only change capabilities of a tank, but also hinders MM and RNG. You will get bad teams and will not hit anything causing you to lose more battles.
- Buy a permanent CAMO with GOLD to every tank you play. This should not have such a big effect, but it has.
These instructions do not include the idea of how to save money with freemium games as it is against the principles of freemium. If you want to save money, don't play. Freemium games are not for poor people unless they are masochistic and enjoy losing a lot. You are not a customer but the product until you start paying for the game.
RNG: Random Number Generator is used for calculating random numbers and it is supposed to be random, but in freemium games it is heavily biased in favour of those spending more money.
MM: Match Making selects your teams and influences what kind of games you will get. The principle is the same as in RNG: pay more to get a better match making.
GOLD: Players use real money to purchase GOLD which can only be used in the game for winning more.
NERF: Weakening some qualities of a tank in an update of the game.
CAMO: Camouflage is used for decreasing the tanks' visibility to enemies.
More about the Freemium Principle
South Park has an illustrative episode S18E06 Freemium Isn't Free about freemium gaming, which gives you an idea what this is all about. You can download it using bittorrent or watch an abridged clip from YouTube.
There has been discussion about the pay to win nature of the World of Tanks suggesting that the game is more pay to save time than pay to win. That is not entirely true especially in the end game. By grinding everything from the scratch without using any money a player ends up having worse win rate leading to being accepted to an inferior clan that is losing more clan war battles than better clans.
We did not use any money for the games, and the instructions about the effects of paid services are based on experiences gained from using GOLD won in tournaments and receiving mission reward freebies. The instructions and other specifics apply only to the World of Tanks versions until 0.9.6. Anything can happen and everything can be changed in the future, if it makes the game maker more money.